Drawings and Novel writings

I share Stefan White's point that in truth everyone can draw. As long as it's a matter of needy expressions, accomplished with determination and composure.

I was a little bewildered when I first saw Stefan's drawings. I found them so oriental, as if I was looking at some Chinese paintings. In fact it reminds me a lot of a Hong Kong painter Leung Kui-Ting's work. With thousands of minute brush strokes forming teensy-weensy landscapes. So much control, so much devotion, so much wonder. Looking up close one can wander through hills, valleys, little streams and paths leading to pavillions (tings) and small dwellings.

Stefan said his drawings start from abstraction, and "growing into narratives as the work proceeds". I can feel that there is a strong philosophy and direction in his subconscious mind, complex yet nevigatable spaces - both positive and negative. The same system and linkage that I believe, would speak in his other love - novel writings.